Measuring Emotional Intelligence
BarOn Emotional Quotient Inventory
The BarOn Emotional Quotient Inventory is used as part of both the Clinical and Corporate psychology practice and is an excellent assessment instrument for individuals, couples and groups. Benefits include the following:
- scale development and properties: excellent psychometrics, brief and provides multifaceted information with Total EQ, 5 EQ composite scales (intrapersonal, interpersonal, adaptability, stress management, general mood) and 15 EQ subscales (self-regard, emotional self-awareness, assertiveness, independence, self-actualisation, empathy, social responsibility, interpersonal relationship, reality testing, flexibility, problem solving, stress tolerance, impulse control, optimism, happiness).
- as an adjunct to competency interviewing, reference checks, personality and other measures.
- excellent screening tool in helping to select emotionally and socially intelligent, psychologically healthy, and potentially successful personnel.
- makes employee recruitment process more reliable and more efficient.
- in the career development context the BarOn ER-i with current staff to evaluate ongoing functioning of employees at critical or arbitrary stages of employment.
- excellent tool for gauging the impacts and effectiveness of organizational change and restructuring (ie. before, during and after organizational changes).
- excellent tool for providing valuable information to help create tailor-made training programs to improve the emotional and social skills and functioning of employees and the company as a whole (a large part of smooth and effective teamwork is knowing each members strengths and leveraging those strengths whenever possible).
- excellent tool for nurturing "star performers" on organisations ie. the changes in people are evidenced in data.
- excellent tool for couples who are experiencing difficulty in their relationships - individuals can learn specific skills to enhance the EQ in their relationship.